Saturday 12 June 2010

LSD Interviews Argentinean Street Artists - Ever / Siempre




Names, City, Country…Nombres, cuidad, pais
Ever/Siempre: Nicolás Romero Escalada: Buenos Aires: Argentina

Do you have an art background?
Tenes una formacion en arte?

Yes but not much, just enough to develop and progress myself. I don’t think that a person should be taught art, only in as much as how to use materials (acrylic oils etc) and after that creation is free.

Si, pero pequeña, lo justo y necesario para después moverme yo mismo. Tengo una opinión bastante distante a la enseñanza en el arte, creo que a la persona se le tiene que enseñar nada mas a usar el material (oleos acrilicos,etc) y después que la creación sea libre.


How long you been painting walls and how important is painting on the streets to you?

Hace cuanto pintas en la calle y que es la importancia de pintando en la calle para vos?  Que significa para vos?

I've been painting on the streets since 2000. Like everyone, I started off by believing that hip hop and graffiti went hand in hand. I wore my trousers so that my boxers were showing and walked as if I'd crapped in my pants. I started with letters until I realised that I wasn't actually any good at making them.

En la calle pinto desde el 2000, empece como todos creyendo que el hip hop y el graffiti iban de la mano, usaba mis pantalones que se me veian el boxer y caminaba como si me hubiese hecho popo, empece haciendo letras, hasta que me di cuenta que no era bueno en las letras.

I realised how important painting in the street whilst in the middle of doing it, you can trasmit ideas through an image on a pavement or wall or sometimes it doesn't relay anything! But afterwards you wonder how a passer-by might react with the images and how they will interpret them and this feels really powerful. You realise that you have a type of 'power' in your hands. I'm happy when I know that someone takes maybe even 3 seconds to look at something I've done, I know that in 3 seconds you can think, ‘What is this?', ‘Do I like it?, ‘Who did it?’, your brain works quickly!

Pintar en la calle, es algo que a medida del tiempo me di cuenta de lo importante que era, uno transmite ideas en un pedazo de pared, o tal vez no transmite nada!, pero después uno se da cuenta de como eso llega al cerebro de la persona que camina y como esa persona procesa el mensaje, y eso si es muy fuerte. Uno se da cuenta que en su mano tiene una especie de "poder", yo estoy feliz cuando se que alguien se tomo tal vez 3 segundos en mirar algo que hice, yo se que en eso tres segundos el penso:"que es esto?","me gusta?", "quien lo hizo?", el cerebro es muy rapido!.



 

2 comments: